These downloadable CVC Word Family Worksheets were designed to give children more practice reading words that have the "consonant-vowel-consonant" spelling pattern. This set includes short A E I O U word families. Available as a one set or by individual vowel.
This set of CVC worksheets is designed to give children more practice reading words that have the "consonant-vowel-consonant" spelling pattern. These types of words are supposed to be "easy" for children to read, and therefore tend to be glossed over by many publishing companies in their beginning reading materials. However, children often need extended practice in sounding out these three letter words in order to feel comfortable with them. They also need a chance to practice them within the context of the sight words that they are learning. Therefore, Heidi created this resource to give children the opportunity to practice these words along with the most basic sight words, and then she added in a few more new sight words with each new vowel sound.
• Short A (–at), (–an) Family Words (101 pages): Nat, bat, cat, fat, hat, mat, rat, pat, sat, vat, Dan, Jan, Nan, can, fan, man, tan, pan, ran, van
• Short E (–eg), (–en), (–et) Family Words (71 pages): Meg, beg, egg, leg, Ben, hen, men, pen, ten, jet, net, pet, set, vet
• Short I (–ig), (–in), (–ip), (–it) Family Words (110 pages): big, dig, jig, pig, rig, wig, fin, in, pin, win, dip, lip, rip, tip, zip, bit, fit, hit, kit, lit, pit, sit, quit
• Short O (–op), (–ot), (–ox) Family Words (64 pages): cop, hop, mop, pop, top, cot, dot, got, hot, pot, box, fox
• Short U (–ug), (–ut), (–un) Family Words (71 pages): bug, jug, lug, mug, rug, cut, gut, hut, nut, shut, bun, fun, run, sun
Complete Bundle AEIOU set includes 417 pages of worksheets, flashcards, and mini songbooks.
Printable Downloads Include: