These downloadable CVC Word Family Worksheets Set 2 were designed to give children more practice reading words that have the "consonant-vowel-consonant" spelling pattern. This set includes more short A E I O U word families. Available as a one set or by individual vowel.
The CVC worksheets were designed to give children more practice reading words that have the "consonant-vowel-consonant" spelling pattern. CVC Word Families Worksheets Set 2 has a new set of word families for the children to learn. These types of words are supposed to be "easy" for children to read, and therefore tend to be glossed over by many publishing companies in their beginning reading materials. However, children often need extended practice in sounding out these three letter words in order to feel comfortable with them. They also need a chance to practice them within the context of the sight words that they are learning.
• Short A (–ad), (–ag), (–ap) Family Words (129 pages): bag, gag, jag, lag, mag, rag, sag, tag, wag, bad, dad, fad, had, lad, mad, pad, sad, cap, gap, lap, map, nap, sap, tap, yap, zap
• Short E (–ed), (–em) Family Words (73 pages): bed, fed, led, red, Ted, wed, hem, them, Em
• Short I (–id), (–im) Family Words (81 pages): bid, did, hid, kid, lid, mid, rid, Sid, dim, him, Jim, Kim, rim, Tim
• Short O (–od), (–og) Family Words (77 pages): cod, log, nod, pod, rod, sod, bog, dog, fog, hog, jog
• Short U (–ub), (–ud), (–um), (–up) Family Words (117 pages): cub, rub, sub, tub, bud, cud, dud, mud, hum, gum, mum, sum, yum, cup, up, pup, yup
Complete Bundle AEIOU set includes 477 pages of worksheets, flashcards, and mini songbooks.