This book introduces children to the many different ways that holidays are celebrated around the world, including Christmas, Hanukkah, Diwali, Eid-ul-Fitr and Ramadan, and Kwanzaa, plus 10 other holiday traditions!
This book introduces children to the many different ways that holidays are celebrated around the world, including Christmas, Hanukkah, Diwali, Eid-ul-Fitr and Ramadan, and Kwanzaa, plus 10 other holiday traditions. Using child friendly language, descriptions, and illustrations, this book is the perfect introduction to multiculturalism and the idea of celebrating our differences as we look at holidays throughout the world.
Black and white coloring pages are included at the end of the book for children to decorate so that they can think about and reflect on what they have learned. A child-sized, half-scale book in black and white is also included so the children can take the book home and enjoy reading it at home again with their parents. Teachers can also use these child-sized books for reading instruction in small groups if desired.
55 pages, Color & B/W
Countries & Traditions Covered are:
• Denmark & Sweden: Christmas and the Jul Nisse
• Spain & Latin America: Three Kings Day
• France: Christmas and Pere Noel
• Italy: Christmas and La Befana
• Holland: Christmas and Sinterklaas
• Israel: Hanukkah
• Germany: Christmas and the Christmas Tree Surprise
• England: Christmas Carols and Nativity Plays
• Mexico: Christmas and Las Posadas
• Ireland: Christmas and Candles
• United States and Canada: Christmas and Santa Claus
• Africa: Kwanzaa
• Middle East: Eid-ul-Fitr
• India: Diwali
• China: Chinese New Year
*Includes a reproducible student-sized book for children to color and take home, scalable for multiple sizes, plus black & white coloring pages for all 15 holiday traditions.